Poor Posture is Degenerating Your Spine!
- Poor posture has been widely associated with causing tightness and decrease motion of the spinal joints
- Hypomobility (or lack of motion) causes adhesions to build up in joints
- Those adhesions lead to pain, as well as, further degeneration and breakdown of the spine
(J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2010 Sep;33(7):508-18. doi: 10.1016/j.jmpt.2010.08.002.)
Poor Posture is Effecting Your Heart & Lungs!
- Forward head posture can add up to 30 pounds of abnormal leverage on the spine
- The long-term health affects associated with reduction of lung capacity are heart & blood vascular disease
- The correction of forward head posture significantly changes your physiology and promotes health and longevity
(Cailliet R & Gross L, (1987) Rejuvenation Strategy. New York, Doubleday Co.)
Poor Posture is Effecting Your Blood Pressure!
- Scientists have discovered a correlation between the muscles of your neck, and your heart rate and blood pressure
- The tone of your neck muscles effects your blood pressure
- This tone becomes abnormal with postural distortions
- Improvement in your posture could improve your vascular health!
(Deuchars, J., Edwards, I. (2007). Bad posture could raise your blood pressure. Journal of Neuroscience 0638-07.)
Poor Posture Can Be Related to Your Asthma!
- People with persistent asthma have been shown to have postural distortion patterns that increase airway resistance, making it more difficult to breath
- Abnormal posture adversely effects your respiratory muscles
- Correcting postures is a great approach to reducing the severity of asthmatic symptoms
(Lopes, E at al. (2006) Assesment of muscles shortening and static postures in children with persistent asthma. European Journal of Pediatrics, 166(7) 715-721.)
Poor Posture is Causing Your Back Pain!
- Scientists have discovered that people with low back pain have different postural patterns and move differently than people without.
- Either the poor posture causes the abnormal movement patterns and pain, or the longterm pain causes the poor posture. Either way they are directly correlated
- Correction of posture could help eliminate your back pain!
(Jones, S. et al. (2011) Individuals with non-specific low back pain use a trunk stiffening strategy to maintain upright posture. Journal of Electromyography and Kinesiology 22(1)13-20.)
Poor Posture is Causing Your Low Back Pain!
- Low back pain was created when the spoine was put into a poor posture, such as, a slumped posture or swayback.
- People with no low back pain can prevent it by keeping their spine in a good posture.
- Correction of posture could eliminate your low back pain!
(O'Sullivan et al. (2002) Posture and Low Back Pain Spine 27 1238-1244.)
Poor Posture is Making You Tired!
- Study concludes correction of posture decreased fatigue and improved mental performance at work.
- Correction of Forward Head Posture resulted in diminished pain and decreased muscle tension and stiffness in the neck, jaw, shoulders, and back.
(Goldstein, L & Makofsky H. (2005) TMD/Facial Pain and Forward Head Posture. Pract Pain Manag. Jul/Aug 2005. 5(5) 36-39.)